Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

BARBARA LYNN - MELLOW FEELING (part 1)


(originally posted 3/18/09)

Barbara Lynn is certainly no stranger to this blog!

Seems as though I have featured more of her singles on this blog than any other artist. No way for me to hide how much I love her.

I am very happy to say that after a long period of either being outbid on ebay for it (and also thinking GASP do I really want to pay THAT MUCH for this record????) I'm now the proud owner of this 45 that is said there are about 20 known copies of. It's NEVER been reissued or included on any comps (I'd like to fix that- if anyone who produces reissues is reading, please email me. I would love to see this get reissued somehow). (Update - I provided a dub of my copy that was used on the Jazzman compilation).

Of course, just because something is RARE doesn't mean I want to listen to it! This infectious record absolutely slays me!

This record was cut after Barbara Lynn moved to L.A and was comfortably settled into motherhood and only gigging locally, occasionally. There was a LONG period (about 5 years) where she didn't record anything, and there was a gap of another 4 years or so after this.

from 1979...

BARBARA LYNN - MELLOW FEELING (PART 1)

No comments: