Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

THE VANGUARDS - THE THOUGHT OF LOSING YOUR LOVE b/w IT'S TOO LATE FOR LOVE


I found it impossible to pick a favorite side of this glorious 45, which left me with no other choice than to feature both sides. The two sides show that this talented group was equally adept at both ballads and uptempo numbers. Both are intense and executed with soul dripping off of the grooves.

Unfortunately, that's about ALL I know about this record, other than that The Vanguards were based in Indiana (probably Indianapolis) and they have one other release that sells for BIG money ($1500 or so).

THE VANGUARDS - THE THOUGHT OF LOSING YOUR LOVE




b/w IT'S TOO LATE FOR LOVE

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe the backing band on both sides of this record is The Ebony Rhythm Band.

dimman said...

Thanks a lot, a great 7"

Holly said...

Lovely.

Anonymous said...

would it be outside the realm of possibilty to get an reup of this fab 7"? got the Ebony Lp but it is without the vocal. My fav aspect.

Anonymous said...

The Vanguards are from Indianapolis, IN. I grew up with two of the members
who are now deceased. They had a short run but made some very good recordings. I still have one of the original 45's they made of Too Late For Love they had another hit called Somebody Please I had a copy of it also but cant seem to find it. And yes Ebony Rhythm Band did a cover of Too Late For Love. Babyface was a former member of Ebony Rhytmn Band.