Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

JACKIE LOMAX - (I) FALL INSIDE YOUR EYES

I've had the greatness of Jackie Lomax on my mind practically non-stop for the last 24 hours, and it makes me sad to think that this man was oozing so much talent but (for the most part) went unnoticed during his lifetime.

This gorgeous ballad (covered by Percy Sledge) showcases not only his excellent vocal stylings, but also his songwriting chops. Even though Jackie had a glowing endorsement from the Beatles (as well as superb production from George Harrison), he may have done better on another label, as the drama of the looming Beatles breakup had a negative effect on the promotion of other artists on the Apple roster.

I'm also a big fan of the simple, elegant graphic design of the Apple Records picture sleeves, and this one is a stellar example.

from 1969...

JACKIE LOMAX - (I) FALL INSIDE YOUR EYES

1 comment:

Pierre said...

Oof, this really hits the spot.