Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

NED TOWNS - BINGO b/w HOW CAN YOU BABYSIT A MAN


Here's another example of a record that I had practically forgotten about. If you're ever curious about how I pick stuff for the blog, it typically goes like this; when I get something new/exciting/rare/etc that typically takes top priority and gets posted quickly. However, I have well over a thousand other records that have already been digitized over the years and have never been used on the blog sitting in reserves. This is one of those; thanks to my trusty itunes playlist of available jams and the SHUFFLE mode, this song came on and I had simply forgotten how fun the record is.

I am very happy to see that Ned is still at it, in Las Vegas. Starting life in Memphis, he moved to New York City and was signed to Atlantic records, cutting this gem (the b-side 'How Can You Baby Sit A Man" is a cool deep soul cut as well, which I believe is the one that got him signed.)

from 1965...

NED TOWNS - HOW CAN YOU BABYSIT A MAN

4 comments:

YankeeBoy said...

Way cool. I just bought a copy on Gemm Music and there are plenty left if anyone else is interested.

BB said...

Thanks! Would you please put "babysit" up too?

Jason Daniels said...

I always wanted to know how Ned Towns signed with Atlantic Records. What a rockin'/gospel piano thumpin'
song this is? Keep 'em coming.

Derek See said...

sorry Booming, but I have to watch my bandwidth and have to limit how much I post.