Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

JEAN WELLS - PUTTING THE BEST ON THE OUTSIDE


The term "journeyman" gets thrown around quite often in describing soul/blues/r&b singers that had long careers but never quite had a breakthrough hit. Jean Wells is a true journey woman, in that she left her home in Florida to look for gigs in Philadelphia, and most likely ended up in New York during the time this record was cut. While I own a handful of her records, I've realized this morning that she has been far too unrepresented on this blog (it's been almost two years since I featured the sublime "With My Love And What You've Got")

Jean's vocal performance drives this already powerful song well into the soul stratosphere.

from 1966...

JEAN WELLS - PUTTING THE BEST ON THE OUTSIDE

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have only heard half a dozen or so songs by Jean Wells and I have enjoyed them all. Thank You!

Ronald de Graaff said...

What a voice! I look forward to hearing more Jean Wells records.