Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Friday, June 18, 2010

TRINI LOPEZ - SINNER NOT A SAINT


This is one of those songs that for many years I would hear it and think "yeah, cool but I don't really need to own it". Right?

THEN, I heard my mate Dean spin it in London and I realized yes, I most certainly DO!

Somewhat unexpected from Trini, but then again perfectly reasonable. Trini has lots of uptempo gems in his ouvre (such as his versions of "Jailer Bring Me Water" and "Unchain My Heart" for instance), although with out a doubt this is the hottest and most soulful side ever cut by this ultra cool fella. I should also mention that this track was written by Shel Talmy shortly before he moved to the UK and began his brilliant production streak (Kinks, The Who, Creation, etc) who also allegedly had to do some arm twisting to convince Trini to cut this track.

from 1963...

TRINI LOPEZ - SINNER NOT A SAINT

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Never heard it, but I like it. As usual, thanks Derek for your passion & sharing.
Regards,
IAN in Oz
www.ianwright1.voice123.com

JEM said...

This a great tune. Thank you!