Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

THE CAESERS - GET YOURSELF TOGETHER


(originally posted March 7, 2010)

This gorgeous record seems to be a companion to "I've Got Myself Together" by The La Niers; released on River City Records (with the exact same label design as this, and both are arranged by jazzman Hugh Whalum).

I tried to get more info about this disc, and all roads lead to Rome, in this case and unfortunately I didn't learn anymore about this record than when I started out (it's a favorite in the Lowrider community, The Caesers had a few more highly regarded and collectable sides, and it was cut St Louis). I did find a New York City radio playlist for March '67 that listed it as a record "on the move". Should have been a massive hit.

from 1966...

THE CAESERS - GET YOURSELF TOGETHER

No comments: