Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

LONNIE LESTER - YOU CAN'T GO


Coming out of Gary, Indiana (about 30 minutes outside of Chicago), Lonnie Lester released 3 hard hitting 45's ("Ain't That A Shame" was featured previously on this very blog) and still performs in Indianapolis, IN to this very day (at age 73).

This track is a masterpiece of hard edged soul and is one of my all time faves (I know, I know. I say that quite often!)

from c1967...

LONNIE LESTER - YOU CAN'T GO

2 comments:

Liam Latrine said...

I just love this track - before I left the UK, I began to follow the NS scene heading in this direction - it was like a breath of fresh air.

Thank you very much for posting this track.

Unknown said...

anyone offer a suggestion as o where i can get a copy of this?
smthorpe25@hotmail.com