Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Monday, May 16, 2011

SHIRLEY LAWSON - SO MUCH TO ME


Shortly before her group (The Fascinations) were signed in 1966 by Curtis Mayfield to his Mayfield record label, Fascinations member Shirley Walker cut two incredible 45's as Shirley Lawson. I featured the other one a while back, so I'm very happy to be able to present the other today, as it's SO SO SO good.

I wish that I knew more about the record, especially who produced and arranged it! Just like yesterday's entry, this record was released on one of those mysterious labels with practically no information. I'm quite sure that this "Enterprise" label is different than the Stax offshoot that appeared c1969.

from 1965...

SHIRLEY LAWSON - SO MUCH TO ME

2 comments:

rinso said...

Derek,do you have a number for this record? It's nice to see you're still posting,even though I miss the dailies in my inbox. Keep up the great posts and excellent finds!

Derek See said...

By number do you mean catalog number?