Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Monday, September 5, 2011

AALON BUTLER AND THE NEW BREED BAND - PLEASE GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE b/w IT'S GOT TO BE SOMETHING


I'm quite positive that, in the over 1,000 sides that I've featured here, that this is the first Milwaukee, Wisconsin cut that I've ever posted.

Aalon cut two singles before moving to Los Angeles, where he became a part of the Eric Burdon Band around 1973. He also released a highly collectable album as a band called Cream City in 1977.

THIS is the one for my ears though- who would have ever thought that such an amazing deep soul record could come out of a white man in cheese country? Just shows that music shows no boundaries. The other side is a fun uptempo number that clocks in well under two minutes.

I am guessing the year.

from c1967...

AALON BUTLER AND THE NEW BREED BAND - PLEASE GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE



b/w IT'S GOT TO BE SOMETHING

3 comments:

Holly said...

Thank you! I'd only ever heard the Keb Darge comped cut before!

ana-b said...

I've been trying to find a copy of this for some time....

Great tunes!

SNL68 said...

I'm not sure where you got the impression Aalon was white but he isn't. He was the singer in the New Breed band and they were fashioned after the James Brown Band of that era. I'm not sure when this was recorded but I know they were an 11 piece band in 1967/8.

Don Walker was the drummer who formed the band has written a
autobiography titled "The Unknown Musician" and it's a pretty good read.

http://books.google.com/books/about/The_Unknown_Musician.html?id=m25Hu_zQkiAC