Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

LITTLE GIGI - I VOLUNTEER


(originally posted 12/11/10)

An absolutely STORMING track! Every second of this track from the double time drum intro to Gigi's massive performance just flat out COOKS.

Other than the familiar name Vernon Harrell on the label (he wrote "Seven Days Too Long" for Chuck Wood among a handful of other incredible tracks) I can't find any hard facts on who Little Gigi is/ was, other than she cut a duo record with Vernon (haven't heard it, but it's certainly on my radar as one to check out.)

from 1965...

LITTLE GIGI - I VOLUNTEER




2 comments:

bolius5 said...

Stab in the dark but that sounds very much like Sugar Pie De Santo.....? Stunning track who ever she is.

Unknown said...

I check your blog almost daily, and every now and then I'd like to thank you, like today! Please keep it up, while so many others are shutting down!