Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

DEE EDWARDS - YOU SAY YOU LOVE ME


This track is a recent (to me) discovery which has a great Mary Wells/ Barbara Lewis type smooth sound (Dee Edwards was a Detroit based singer, and Tuba was a local label trying their best to be a mini-Motown). Dee had a long career in music which culminated in a big disco hit with "Strangers On The Shore" in 1979. She passed away too young (age 60) in 2006.

from 1964...

DEE EDWARDS - YOU SAY YOU LOVE ME

2 comments:

YankeeBoy said...

Any idea who HHB Productions are? Holland Holland and Barnum perhaps? It's not exactly a Motown sound but you never know.

While I'm here I'd like to take the time to say 'Thank You' and tell you how much I have been enjoying your blog. I'm a record collector and more than a few times you have sent me to Ebay or Gemm Music in search of something.

Dave said...

Hanks ???? Bell probably...my guess...and probably Holland...so

Hanks Holland Bell...Just a guess, it's a tough one to decode, your guess is good too, but as far as records and references are concerned I have not seen anything that supports either. Cheers.