Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Friday, November 27, 2009

EDDIE BO - THE RUBBER BAND (part one)


One of the trickier 'Bo 45's to find (I also don't think this has ever been reissued but I may be wrong) this wild track certainly deserves to be heard!

For some reason (a favor?) the writing credit was given to Knight Records/ studio owner Traci Borges, although there is no doubt that it was written by Eddie.

Between this and Popcorn Wylie's "Funky Rubber Band" (sure to be a future 45 of the day), I really wanna know what this rubber band dance was.

If you wanna hear part two, drop me a line!

from 1970...

EDDIE BO - THE RUBBER BAND (part one)

5 comments:

ana-b said...

Yes Sir, this is definitely a tough one to find. I know a couple of heavy-duty Bo fanatics who don't own it [nor do I].

I'm certain it hasn't been comped...but the title has been misused several times when listing another side by Bo, 'Shelley's Rubber Band'......which served up a mess of confusion about the record.

The writer credit is obviously BS, and more than anything reflects on the way the record business worked in those days. Ya gotta figure that Bo did what he had to do in order to get the record made. This was not uncommon on Bo records of the day.

I suspect the engineers credit given to Bob Lawrence may be correct, as it does sound as if someone besides Bo is twisting the knobs...but then again, I could be wrong as I think the same of the Bo sides released on BlueJay, a label which Bo owned.

I would love to have a copy of pt2...pretty please?

You know my number..

ana..

Perrata 2000 said...

For those who haven't heard it already, I posted "Shelley's Rubber Band" a few weeks back:

http://colmenadehumo.blogspot.com/2009/10/curley-moore-and-kool-ones-shelleys.html

Never heard this one, thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from the UK.
Just droolin' for Part 2 ...(probably never get to hear this music this side of the big pond except via Derek's Daily 45) many thanks.

pujwa said...

Thanks, never heard this one. If possible I would like to have Pt 2.
Your site is a wonderful spot that fills a lot of gaps. Thanks for all your hard work and passion for music.

Stubert said...

Marvelous - lesser known "Bo" - Thanks