Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

THE VEL-VETS - I GOT TO FIND ME SOMEBODY


For as big as this record has been on the northern soul scene since the beginning (note this is a UK issue from 1974 released to meet the demand since the original is close to impossible to find) there is surprisingly little (downright no) info on this group that I have been able to find.

I am hoping someone reading may be able to fill in SOME blanks...To my ears, sounds like it might be a west coast/ L.A record but that's just a guess.

This would be an amazing record even if it were only the intro!

from 1966...

THE VEL-VETS - I GOT TO FIND ME SOMEBODY

4 comments:

KMcC said...

brilliant brilliant brilliant

at northern nights, everybody exclaims the 'whoo' with the backing singers.

Anonymous said...

Hi, According to the UK's Northern Soul Top 500 book the Vel-vets are from LA and were a trio. It was recorded in 1967 and the original label was 20th Century Records. Great record too. Regards Dave.

Anonymous said...

The group video is on The Strange World Of Northern Soul dvd. I did find a copy in S.F. for a few dollars, just love it.

Compactado said...

amazing record. wish i could getone for my collection