Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Monday, May 10, 2010

EDWIN STARR - RUNNING BACK AND FORTH



Sorry for the long gap! Between being in a location without wi-fi, and then a 26 hour journey home from the UK (thanks to volcanic ash), I was simply not able to post. I did snag around 50 great 45's from the UK (mostly of the British beat variety) that I will be filtering in through this site as well. Next up after this post will be one of the great record stores of London.

But here's a track that is so great it's practically three days worth right here! A fine, fine moment from this Detroit behemoth with one of my favorite grooves. The easy rolling steady beat reminds me of what was happening in Chicago at the time, but with that powerful Detroit piston drive.

from 1970...

EDWIN STARR - RUNNING BACK AND FORTH

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the piano and sax opening on this one. Thank You!