Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

THE FIVE CROWNS - JUST A PART OF LIFE


The only hard facts I know of this Chicago group are that the record was arranged by jazzman Burgess Gardner, and that one of the singers, Walter Jones, became a member of the Notations (shortly) after this gorgeous record was released.

Whatever the rest of the story is (and believe me, I'd love to know more), this is yet another example of thesweet soul/ group harmony sound that was so popular and so GOOD in the late 60's early 70s Chicago scene.

I am guessing the year.

from 1970...

THE FIVE CROWNS - JUST A PART OF LIFE

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Derek for making the switch. Can you please consider making the switch for the Otis Clay 45 that preceded this one? Thanks for revisiting, if you do.

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for the switch to mediafire, your blog is a highlight of my day, allows me to get my soul fix as well as the other obscure 60's stuff you find. thanks again.
Torch

Derek See said...

OK, Otis Clay is re-uploaded to mediafire. Dig it!

Albion said...

I am not really very techy and easily confused, can anyone explain why i get this message:

Access to the webpage was denied
You are not authorized to access the webpage at http://download711.mediafire.com/hm6cdbgv7q7g/lxq7gygcro5ehyw/Just+A+Part+Of+Life.mp3. You may need to sign in.
HTTP Error 403 (Forbidden): The server refused to fulfill the request.

when i try to download and how to solve it. thanks

Anonymous said...

Thank You Derek!
What a great great soul number that is...

DavidB said...

A friend of mine's father was in this group. He has since passed away, but I believe Walter Jones is still living. I heard that they appeared on Soul Train when it was still a local show in Chicago. I would love to be able to share a clip of it.

DavidB said...

A friend of mine's father was in this group, but he's since passed away. I believe that Walter Jones is still alive. I heard they appeared on Soul Train when it was still a local show in Chicago and I would love to be able to share a clip.