Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Monday, April 4, 2011

RICHARD BERRY - GO GO GIRL


While "Louie Louie" and "Have Love Will Travel" get the lions share of attention, Richard Berry continued recording throughout the sixties, laying down some cool sides, of which this is my favorite. Sadly, Richard was not receiving royalties "Louie" throughout this period where he should have been very, very rich.

I FULLY support go go girls, and whenever I hear a tribute such as this, I proudly stand up and salute out of respect to go go culture.

On top of having a righteous subject matter, the chord changes during the intro and the choruses drive me wild!

from 1965...

1 comment:

Dewey Freed said...

Being both a fan of Richard Berry and go-go dancers, I find this track absolutely gorgeous. A great tribute to a great singer and songwriter.

Thank you Derek.