Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Monday, October 24, 2011

BOBBY HUTTON - I'VE GOT A MEMORY


Driven along mightily by bubbling bass (more than likely played by the great Bernard Reed) and brassy backing vocals by Jo Armstead (who also co-produced and co-wrote the track), Bobby Hutton's excellent vocal rides smoothly right along top this excellent track. Anyone who has been following this site for any length of time knows my love of Chicago soul, but I'll state it again; I LOVE the Chicago sound, which is epitomized so nicely here on this track. while the lyric may be melancholy, the propulsive Chi-town beat just DRIVES the song into another world.

Dig in and dig it!

from 1969...

BOBBY HUTTON - I'VE GOT A MEMORY



Derek's Daily 45 on facebook- check it out for re-posts!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Dang that's a sweet track.