Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Monday, October 17, 2011

JIMMY DELPHS - I'VE BEEN FOOLED BEFORE


Solid. Detroit.

There's not a whole lot of biographical info out there about Jimmy Delphs that I've been able to find (none in fact). He released a few records, one of which, "Dancin' A Hole In The World" sells for upwards of $2000. Although I like that record and its anthemic qualities (which I do not own an original), I find this track to be Jimmy's finest side and the one that shows the range of his excellent voice, with a superbly beautiful backing track full of swirling strings and delightful female harmonies.

Production is courtesy of Ollie McLaughlin; the man behind the board for all those fabulous Barbara Lewis and Deon Jackson tracks.

from 1967...

JIMMY DELPHS - I'VE BEEN FOOLED BEFORE



JIMMY DELPHS - I'VE BEEN FOOLED BEFORE

Derek's Daily 45 on facebook

No comments: