Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

THE JEWELS - WE GOT TOGETHERNESS


This is a record that I wasn't aware of until very recently, and upon hearing it for the first time I felt as though I'd been missing out on something extra special for my entire life. Stomping soul beat? Check. Powerful female vocals? check. A false stop that brings one to their knees? check. Outrageous fuzztone? CHECK!

While this is seemingly a one-off record, The Jewels (aka Lady Bo & The Family Jewel) were a relatively long running side group for Bo Diddley guitarist Lady Bo (I sure hope that's her laying out the outrageous fuzzed out guitar, never mind whoever it is playing the outrageous fuzz BASS!)

This record is erroneously reported elsewhere as being from 1961; definitely not, as the catalog number fits it smack dab in the middle of 1966 (where it belongs).

from 1966...

THE JEWELS - WE GOT TOGETHERNESS



Derek's Daily 45 on Facebook

5 comments:

ana-b said...

That's totally killer. Just went on my list of must-haves.

Derek See said...

yeah, it's essential, isn't it? Glad that you like it.

ana-b said...

Actually, you hurt me bad with this one. I must have played it 20 times in the last 24 hrs. Let me know if you see or hear of another copy. ok?

DJWaterman said...

Something special got recorded there for posterity, a real moment of invention inside of a recording session. They must've walked away thinking they had something great.

Unknown said...

[~ana-b]
i have a copy, if you still require it.
Not too much money either!

Ian