Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

CATHY SAINT - BIG BAD WORLD

While this track is acknowledged by many as one of THE GREATEST of the girl group era (and justifiably so), I know absolutely NOTHING about singer Cathy Saint, and I speculate that she may be someone else recording under a pseudonym (and if you know more, please write!).

This track has it all; lyrically it paints a vivid picture of bad boys to avoid thanks to advice mom mom, driven along by a superb New York City arrangement and production. When I listen to the chord progression it's clear that records like this were such a huge inspiration on the songwriting of Elvis Costello, as it keeps moving and reaching.

from 1963...

CATHY SAINT - BIG BAD WORLD


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I saw Elvis Costello play in Dublin last night. 'Twas fantastic.

Unknown said...

I am Cathy Saint. Yes, I'm still alive. My real name is Catherine Troupe. After the song I continued my career as Cathy Saint John. All this was in New York. Now I am back in the state in which I was born, Georgia.