Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Fillmore Set 5/11/12

I ain't gonna lie; it was an incredible thrill to hear some of my favorite records blasting thru the Fillmore PA, and an incredible honor to play records before one of my all time favorite bands (The Brian Jonestown Massacre).

Here's the set that I played before Jonestown took the stage. I'll post the track list as a comment within the next few days, and maybe even post up my first set of the night (from when the doors open until Blue Angel Lounge played their opening set).


Fillmore Set

setlist: Date with The Rain- Eddie Kendricks/ Trying To Get Next To You- Arnold Blair/ My White Bicycle- Tomorrow/ I'm Not Your Regular Woman- Lucille Mathis/ Your Body Not Your Soul- Cuby & The Blizzards/ In The Basemant- Etta James & Sugarpie DeSanto/ Baby's A Dealer- Lilys/ Magic Potion- The Open Mind/ This Must Be The Place- The Tropics/ Red Hot Mama- Funkadelic/ Hide & Seek- Lillian Dupree/ Stand Up Straight & Tall- Jackie Shane/ I Must Be Mad- The Craig


2 comments:

Fast Film said...

Congrats on the DJ upgrade!

tut said...

I saw Jackie Shane wayyyyyy back in the 60`s...
I was 14 at a r`nb soulathon..12 hours 12 bands..Any Other Way was Jackie`s hit at the time..i was staning front row out came frank motley and the crew then Jackie.
In a lime green pantsuit, hair coiffed a plunging neckline with a brooch, eye shdow, rouge ..i was 14 I didn`t have a clue what was up..you could have knocked me over with a music stand LOL..Jackie was great what a way he had with the crowd and that was some night to remember for a young kid in a small town