Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

A TRIBUTE TO CARL DAVIS: JACKIE WILSON - (I CAN FEEL THOSE VIBRATIONS) THIS LOVE IS REAL

It's no secret how much I love Chicago soul.

One of the prime ground breakers of the "Chicago Sound", Carl Davis, has died.

When a record has Davis' name on the label, it is practically guaranteed to be excellent. In collaboration with Gene Chandler, Curtis Mayfield, Jackie Wilson, The Chi-Lites/ Eugene Record, and so many more,  Davis worked incredible magic in producing tracks that were the sound of high steps and the arrival of black men and women as PEOPLE. These records were the peaceful sound of the civil rights movement, with rhythms that sound like walking tall and proud.
 
This music is a sound that I will never tire of, and always find inspiration. I thank you, Carl Davis, for providing so much happiness in my life.

Here's a later period, lesser known Jackie Wilson track that shows that, while tastes were changing, Davis was still working his genius producing records with great songs and a heart full of soul.

from 1970...

 JACKIE WILSON - (I CAN FEEL THOSE VIBRATIONS) THIS LOVE IS REAL

2 comments:

tut said...

what a voice, what a talent ,jackie wilson was awesome. thanks for this , a new one for me.

Out In The Street said...

amen.