Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Monday, August 13, 2012

JOYCE WILLIAMS - THE FIRST THING I DO IN THE MORNING

Thought I was gonna skip today's posting, as I'm at the Brussels airport waiting on a delayed flight to return home. Frankly, I'm knackered from a late gig last night and an early rise this morning only for a delay!

We all know how the brain works; I tend to get into a routine for writing these posts first thing in the morning, which then brought me to thinking about this particular jam. RIGHT! Perfect. I have time, I just need to get up the gumption to write a bit.

I'm afraid that I don't know a thing about Joyce Williams, but she delivers a solid, sassy performance here that leaves me wanting to hear more from her. One name I do recognize on the label is that of Chicago soul legend Richard Evans, best known for his work with Soulful Strings.

from 1972...

JOYCE WILLIAMS - THE FIRST THING I DO IN THE MORNING


2 comments:

drlaim said...

Great song. Wee bit of info for you.

The one you've got on ACT IV is the original first press. The second press is on the Nickel label and has an added flute playing at the intro. Check it out on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JSsznlAjXI

Holly said...

Cool! Thanks Derek AND drlaim.