Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

BILL WATTS - PROBLEMS

Chicago r&b/ bluesman Bill Watts is a complete mystery to me. He released at least 3 45's, and he handled the lion's share of writing/ production/ performing. Beyond that....

What separates this song from the average blues number to my ears in the RHYTHM; this song could have easily fallen into a lazy shuffle and sounded OK, but the use of congas just DRIVES this track.

As always, if you know anymore please write.

from c1965...

BILL WATTS - PROBLEMS


3 comments:

Holly said...

This is great, Derek! And it's, well, rare to hear a bluesman singing about hoping to move OUT of Chicago to the suburbs due to muggings!

Unknown said...

Bill Watts is alive and well living in Chicago. I am his granddaughter. I would be happy to provide more information if needed. You can reach me at varetta223@gmail.com

ChiShell said...

Hello. Bill Watts is my uncle. He lives on the south side of Chicago. You can reach him at 1-773-239-1286.