Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Monday, February 25, 2013

CHUCK CARTER - I CAN'T HELP MYSELF


(originally posted 6/1/10)

It looks as though this singer released only two singles for Brunswick Records; perhaps there are more, but I've only seen evidence of those two. Arranged by the great Bert De Coteaux (most famous for his use of strings on BB King's "The Thrill Is Gone"), I am assuming that this is a New York record. while the song itself is cool, it shows how an expert arrangement and excellent performance can take something that could easily be average and turn it into an awe inspiring monster of a record!

from 1966...

CHUCK CARTER - I CAN'T HELP MYSELF

No comments: