Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

THE POINTER SISTERS - HOW LONG (BETCHA GOT A CHICK ON THE SIDE)

I always find it impressive when groups or artists are able to adapt into other style variations during a long career. While I personally may not like the results, that's beside the point. Sounds and styles change, and a living must be made. The Pointer Sisters morphed thru soul, funk, disco, electro and pop throughout their career and had many hits along the way. Sisters Bonnie, June, Ruth & Anita hail from Oakland, CA and their heavenly harmonies are spread across so many great records thru the years that it's downright ridiculous. I even dig the hell out of their '80's hit "Neutron Dance"!

Speaking of ridiculous, the GROOVE on this cut is so ridiculously good that I can't get enough of it, and I could easily sit and listen to this jam several times in a row. Whoever the bassist and drummer are, they're HEROES. Add the incredible vocals from the sisters and the whispered hook, and it's a STONE groove.

from 1975...

THE POINTER SISTERS - HOW LONG (BETCHA GOT A CHICK ON THE SIDE)


2 comments:

Boogieman said...

I love this tune, even if I can't stop thinking "Gimme that wawa Carl!" every time I hear it!

professor Eddy said...

One of their best!