Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

ROSE BATTISTE - HIT & RUN b/w I MISS MY BABY


(originally posted 9/17/10)

Another perfect double sider!

Detroit's Rose Battiste was a victim of poor promotion, as the quality of records like this show her to be a VERY capable vocalist (at all of 19 years old when this record was cut) with excellent material and production.

"Hit & Run" is yet another perfect, uptempo Detroit four-on-the-floor stomper, while "I Miss My Baby" features a genius arrangement pitting a dreamy, moody sound against some of the most forceful, aggressive drumming in all of sixties soul.

One word- PERFECT!

from 1966...

HIT & RUN


I MISS MY BABY

3 comments:

Greg Schaal said...

I'm loving both of these songs. Thanks a mil for posting gems like these.

Greg Schaal said...

Great songs!

Northern Nige said...

Amazing tracks, still make the hairs on my neck stand up, just amazing