Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Business matters...

If any copyright holder objects to the music being presented here, PLEASE email me directly and the song will be removed immediately. My intention of this site is educational and encouraging for people to BUY music from the artists, and in the cases of them still performing, GO SEE THEM LIVE! Oh yeah; and HAVE FUN!!!! This is all positive stuff.

To the "anonymous" poster who keeps leaving mean spirited messages here. No, I will not publish them; call me whatever you want it doesn't kill my buzz. This is a FUN blog all about spreading FREE music that is not heard everyday; not a place to go and call names and send hate mail. No one else has complained about rapid share, and we are still averaging 100+ listens per day. In order to keep publishing this blog, it is the only choice. My previous file host continuously exceeded bandwidth restrictions due to so many downloads. So its either rapid share or perhaps Derek's MONTHLY 45. It is a great pleasure to get all of the positive comments about the blog, so thanks to all!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for sharing your music. It is obviously a labor of love - both of music and people. I have no trouble at all with Rapidshare. I used it for several weeks as a free user and now as a paying user. It is my first choice if there is more than one service to use. As for the complainer, as my Mother used to say, "If you can't say anything nice, keep your big mouth shut!"

Annie O.

Anonymous said...

sorry someones messing with ya..

some folks got no class..

ana..

Anonymous said...

Derek, your site is the first place I visit every day. It is usually the highlight of my day to hear each new single. Thank you so much for the effort you put into making this wonderful musical heritage available to us. Mark in Australia.

Anonymous said...

I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again ... this blog rocks! W.

Anonymous said...

keep up the good work and ignore the complaining muppets

Gyro1966 said...

Don't let one complainer ruin your day!

Can you believe that one fool from an unknown 60's garage band (The Mods from Ohio) objected to a 45 being shared on Twilightzone! music blog and scared Yahoo into shutting down that mighty original blog? He wanted his six cents for every download that he felt he was due.

DirtyDave07 said...

Keep up the great work Derek...You're really putting me onto some awesome music I never would have heard.

choirboy said...

Derek, this is one of the best blogs out there, so don't let some nut get under your skin. Thanks for all of your hard work sharing such great music.
Choirboy

Anonymous said...

Your answer to the complainer was right on the money. I'm not 100% sure but I bet you didn't force him to visit your blog.
Keep up all your hard and good work.

Tony

Anonymous said...

Derek, the blog is wicked. Don't let one tosser bother you at all. As you can see from the majority of the comments, there are those of us that really enjoy, and appreciate, your efforts, even here in the UK!! When I'm next in the bay area I'll be sure to come and check out a live set and buy you a drink.
Cheers -

SeƱor Sol. UK

Anonymous said...

As Joe Strummer once said, "Fuck'em". Your blog is easily the best thing out there.

Derek See said...

You guys and gals are too great! Thanks for all of your kind words. As I've said before I am just happy to be able to spread a little bit of joy with music that creates so much happiness for me. Thanks to all of these amazing artists who have poured out their hearts and souls and created music that will outlast all of us!

Todd Lucas said...

Amazing what folks will complain about. Even if I couldn't listen to the songs at all, I'd still enjoy coming here and seeing what you've posted.

By the way, my word verification this time around is "swore". How funny.

Todd

Anonymous said...

Keep doing what you do Derek & don't be distracted by all these failed policemen that wonder round blogs these days.

J

Anonymous said...

PLEASE keep up your great blog! And: maybe think about some longer-form stuff? I love the "Soul Deep" mixes on TwilightZone, fer instance....

redchapterjubilee said...

I don't particularly like fileshare either but I've been with you since this was an email list and I know bandwidth ain't free. do what ya gotta do, I'm with you.