Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

IGGY & THE STOOGES - SEARCH AND DESTROY


Whoa baby did I search high and low for this one for a LONG TIME.

Quite possibly my all time favorite rock n roll song.

To be brief, in the new issue of "Fretboard Journal" magazine, I have a story/ interview with Stooges guitarist James Williamson which I'm completely stoked to have written/ published.

On Christmas Eve, the magazines came in, along with this 45.

Now THAT is a Christmas miracle, and its' perfect to blast off your new years eve celebrations.

And it sounds incredible in mono!

from 1973...

IGGY & THE STOOGES - SEARCH AND DESTROY


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Living on the wrong side of the Atlantic I suspect access to your article may present difficulties.
Bethatasitmay I certainly envy you a conversation with Williamsom - after over 30 years of consideration I subscribe to what I perceive to be the self evident fact that Williamson was the definitive RnR player, notwithstanding the more obvious contenders.
Thanks for the mono version.

Derek See said...

Actually, Fretboard Journal has European distribution, so you should be able to snag a copy. cheers, Derek

Stuart Shea said...

That is awesome. Congratulations...