Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

JOHN FRED & HIS PLAYBOY BAND - NO LETTER TODAY


This one cracks me up, but it really has stuck in my head so you know I just had to feature it! It's one of those "mini-Sgt Pepper" kinda records that happened so frequently in 67-69. Dated, yes but lots of fun. John Fred, a Louisiana artist who had a huge hit pretending to be English with "Judy In Disguise" captured a very cool, trippy vibe with this record which was the b-side to his follow up to "Judy".

from 1967...

1 comment:

Stuart Shea said...

I NEVER would have guessed this was by those guys! Wow.