Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Monday, December 1, 2008

ROY HEAD - GET BACK


Hell yes, Roy Head is by far one of the most energetic performers I've ever seen (and he's up there in the years, too but man can he work it onstage). I can only imagine what his energy level was back in the 60's; it definitely helped push his band to be HOT and cut some great dancers. Here's a recent discovery that I'm stoked to have heard. Made even cooler by the sassy female parts. Here's one that I assure you will zap any Monday blues!

from 1965...

ROY HEAD - GET BACK

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know this one, but I like the few other tunes of his I've heard. As always, thanks. W.

philo said...

I'll post this Scepter LP from 1965 I have where this came from later on today.

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting this...as a consequence it's turned into a Roy Head kind of day...

on listening to the rest of his stuff that i own...ive got ask, who is that drummer!!!?....jeeze he's good...i must have had my ears stuffed with cotton to not notice before...

thats one of the things i like about your blog [and a few others that concentrate on singles]...you offer up a short sharp shot that often sends me hunting through other records i haven't heard in awhile....

ana..

philo said...

Derek here's the link to the LP if your interested

http://www.divshare.com/download/5995960-72a

Tom D. said...

I wonder if this is the same version as issued on the TNT label as Roy, Sarah and the Traits?