Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

DARROW FLETCHER - I THINK I'M GONNA WRITE A SONG


This performer, criminally underrated (I don't think there's any type of CD compilation that's ever been released) was a child prodigy who seemingly was born to perform.

Cutting early sides for Groovy Records before his voice changed ("The Pain gets A Little Deeper" has been a featured 45 of the day in the past), and touring with major artists, Darrow never seemed to be able to break nationally, which is an absolute crime. For such a youngster, he completely owns "The Pain' as well as its' flip side, "My Judgment Day" (email me for MP3's if you need them. They are essential listening).

This cut was recorded after his voice changed and the way Darrow could tackle a lyric is, to this listener, the epitome of soul music.

from 1970...

DARROW FLETCHER - I THINK I'M GONNA WRITE A SONG

4 comments:

pujwa said...

Man, what a killer tune. Could you send me any mp3 you have by this guy. I'd never heard of him before. Thanks so very much, as you have opened my eyes to many new artist and revisited some old friends.puj1960@netzero.com

Tim said...

Absolutely Killer!! Thanks a ton.

Apparently not easy to find his stuff at all. Amazon has one track called 'Improve' which is also great.

Unknown said...

This is such a stellar tune. Thank you for sharing the badassery with all us nerds.

Unknown said...

This track rules so hard. Thank you for sharing this badassery with all us nerds out here.