Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Monday, October 26, 2009

MEMPHIS SLIM - CLAP YOUR HANDS


Here's a real raver that was brought to my attention by a list member as being a song I would like (how right he was!)

I was very surprised to learn that Memphis Slim cut a "beat" number like this (that was a big hit in France, apparently). But I guess it's not that surprising after all considering his career was full of uptempo blues.

from 1965...

MEMPHIS SLIM - CLAP YOUR HANDS

4 comments:

RecordCollector said...

Thanks Derek :)

reckids said...

Great song !
Thanks !

Anonymous said...

Thank you Thank you Thank You............... I was down in the dumps ... feeling pretty.....prettty...pretty... LOW . ( Cancer) but this song made me feel 100% more better if just for a little while ........ thanks for taking the time to share this great tune....
thanx a heep
C.D. Austin Tejas

r-man said...

played this mp3 yesterday night. people were dancing. thanks.