Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Friday, October 2, 2009

STANDELLS - SOMETIMES GOOD GUYS DON'T WEAR WHITE


Sure, "Dirty Water" has gotten most of the attention throughout the years and yes, it does contain one of the mightiest of all mighty garage rock riffs. However, in my opinion this song tromps all over Dirty Water and then some and holds up as one of the finest garage punk records of this era. Sure, it's not very "obscure" but it's also light years ahead of so many of the highly regarded rarities from the era. This has it all, snotty attitude, excellent anti-social lyrics, and best of all drumming that's actually steady!

from 1966...

STANDELLS - SOMETIMES GOOD GUYS DON'T WEAR WHITE

4 comments:

Lauri Tyeryar said...

i love this one too... and have you heard the Minor Threat cover? it's great.

Derek See said...

yes! the minor threat version is great.

Funky16Corners said...

That album is wall to wall classics. I'm posting something from it in the next few weeks.

Joe Whimster said...

I love The Standells. My favourite, and the one my band covered, was Little Sally Tease. Love it.

Derek and Funky 16, I give you an appreciative nod in my most recent blog entry.

Thanks again for your time and effort.

Joe