Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

THE CORDELLS - YOU DO A THING TO MY MIND


While the lyrics may be very simplistic (to say the least), this funky track makes up for it in hot playing and excellent dynamics. I chose this one today with the shuffle play method; I have an itunes playlist setup with all my "45's in reserve" for the blog. This one came on and I literally started dancing around my hotel room so that was the deciding factor. So yes, there IS a science in what I choose to post every day!

The Cordells were one of Philadelphia's earliest recording r&b groups; this seems to be one of their final singles and I am, once again, guessing the year.

from c1967...

THE CORDELLS - YOU DO A THING TO MY MIND

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've said this before but, oh heck, I'll say it again . . . I love your blog, Derek. Thanks for keeping up the postings while you're on your mammoth tour! Marie