Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

JEAN WELLS - IF YOU'VE EVER LOVED SOMEBODY


In the past, I've featured some real stompers featuring the brassy and sassy vocals of Jean Wells. Here we find her in a different context completely OWNING a ballad with vocals soaring over a very Otis Redding-like arrangement chock full of superb playing.

I was not aware of this record until I recently found this Yugoslavian(!) EP at a record faire in Italy (!) containing two singles (the other of which I have and featured here in the past). There was also a single release in the US for this one.

from 1966...

JEAN WELLS - IF YOU'VE EVER LOVED SOMEBODY

4 comments:

Raggedy said...

Wow! I love this one; thanks for sharing.

ana-b said...

Wow, that's quite a find. As far as I know, the only place to find that cut, outside of a couple of comps, is on a single issued on the Eastern label...or is it Quaker Town?...I forget.

ana..

Derek See said...

Ana, I know!!!!! I couldn't believe it when I found that record. How many of those can be floating around? Plus, it was only 7 Euros. Everything else at the show was VERY expensive.

brianbrora said...

Stupendous!