Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

THE CONTINENTAL 4 - THE WAY I LOVE YOU


Still, after all the time I've spent studying records and the history of groups it blows my mind to know that a group containing this much talent never scored much in the way of national chart action.

On this debut recording from Philadelphia-area group The Continental 4, the vocalist show off an extraordinary blend, led by smooth falsetto singer Freddie Kelly. While some of the other falsetto led groups of the era can be a bit cloying, the Continental 4 were full of earthy richness that oozes pure soul.

Good way to start off the year, I'd say!

from 1970...

THE CONTINENTAL 4 - THE WAY I LOVE YOU



Like Derek's Daily 45 on Facebook

3 comments:

Jay Schiavone said...

Man, you're up early.

Jayd said...

One of my all-time favorite soul tracks!

Steve M. said...

Ah, Bobby Martin arranged this. I wondered why it sounded so much like a Gamble-Huff song.