Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Friday, June 8, 2012

CARMEN COLE - I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND

Deeply soulful vocal? Check. Waltz time? Check. Fuzz guitar? check. HARMONICA solo? check. All ingredients for the kind of thing that is GUARANTEED to get my attention. Most strangely of all, this amazing record was produced by guitar legend/ country-politan pioneer Chet Atkins.

Carmen Cole released a few other records, but I'm afraid that I don't know any biographical info about her. I find these type of records fascinating; a well known country music producer branching out into a whole new thing.

from 1965...

CARMEN COLE - I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND





4 comments:

Jeffrey David said...

I have a Les Paul & Mary Ford version on white label Capitol promo... Pretty much the same arrangement - but a bit more haunting.

btw - LOVE your site!

Holly said...

I LOVE this! Thank you, Derek.

massivemusic said...

Actually this single wasn't the first time that Chet Atkins was producing sounds like that. "I Just Don*t Understand" is a coverversion of Ann-Margrets lone Top 20-Hit from 1961 which was co-produced by Chet with similiar arrangement and with no fear of fuzz which is remarkable for a single from 1961.

btw - your site simply is simply essential for any music freak like me ;-)

YankeeBoy said...

Great version!!