Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

FRED LOWERY - BIG BO AND THE ARROWS - I'M SORRY


When I hear this incredible record, my internal temperature raises to a level of pure Texas heat! From the opening drum break onwards, Dallas' Big Bo and the Arrows riase the roof, capped with a fantastic vocal by the impassioned Fred Lowery (of whom I'm afraid I know nothing about, other than that he cut a few more 45's).

"Big Bo" Thomas was a man who learned tenor sax at a young age, and served in WWII in the US Army band. After the war, he formed a big band in Dallas and then quickly set his sights on blues, which he found his greatest success. He also worked as a promoter and club owner before retiring from the music business in 1971.

This record caught national attention and was reissued by Atco; sadly, it never hit big as it deserved to. Perhaps it was simply too raw, too funky for mass consumption.

from 1966...

FRED LOWERY - BIG BO AND THE ARROWS - I'M SORRY

No comments: