Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Friday, May 15, 2009

BO DOLLIS AND THE WILD MAGNOLIAS INDIAN TRIBE - HANDA WANDA


Another great find from my New Orleans trip! A list member/ friend from NOLA hipped me to this one and it proved very hard to find; luckily my fave record store (Domino Sound Record Shack) had a copy.

This was the first release using the Wild Magnolias name; two later albums saw the involvement of NOLA legend (and daily 45 favorite) Willie Tee (although I haven't seen anything that says he isn't on this record, it's typically not listed in his discographies).

I don't think this record has ever been reissued, so I'm very happy to present it here.

There is a great bio about Bo Dollis here: http://www.wildmagnolias.net/bios/

from 1970...

BO DOLLIS AND THE WILD MAGNOLIAS INDIAN TRIBE - HANDA WANDA

1 comment:

ana-b said...

it always makes me laugh that 'crescent' is misspelled on the label..

what i love most about this record is the band's minimal role...they're just keeping everything rolling along.......

it's Bo Dollis/Wild Magnolias who bring the serious funk, pounding away on whatever, doing their thing......

too bad that they didn't stick to this formula for the later recordings..

it's known that Willie Tee's on the piano....Zigaboo Modeliste is playing the drums...for the life of me i can't remember who the bass player is..