Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

THE IKETTES - I'M SO THANKFUL b/w DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR ME


An absolutely perfect double sider! In addition to backing the Ike & Tina review, the Ikettes released a string of great records on their own, and it's been far too long since I've featured one.

"I'm So Thankful" is one of those songs that screams HIT while flip slide "Don't Feel Sorry For Me" is an incredible, raunchy number with great bad girl lyrics.

from 1965...

THE IKETTES - I'M SO THANKFUL

3 comments:

Tutti Jackson said...

Thanks Derek!
Don't Feel Sorry For Me is the best thing I've heard all week.

knock me down said...

link?

Derek See said...

knock, links only stay up for a month or so.