Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Monday, May 4, 2009

LEE DORSEY - FOUR CORNERS pt 1 and 2


On my trip last week to New Orleans, I was struck yet again of the overpoweringly great spirit of the city. As an aside, I must first start by saying my two favorite places in the USA are New Orleans and San Francisco. That same spirit is the only thing that could have saved that city from the saddest tragedy of my lifetime, Katrina. It's still appalling that this country handled the hurricane like a bunch of moronic amateurs. To the people of NOLA, my heart goes out to you and much empathy to your losses.

While I was at my favorite record store in NOLA (Domino Sound), I came across this one that's been on my want list for quite some time. Notice how the label is gone; this record survived Katrina. A little rough, but still kicking. Just like the city itself, and of course Lee Dorsey was one of N'awlins great musical geniuses.

from 1968...

LEE DORSEY - FOUR CORNERS pt 1

2 comments:

plasticsun said...

thanks for including Pt. 2 - I found myself needing more. Great song!
How was the Ponderosa Stomp?

Derek See said...

oh the Stomp was just FABULOUS! Highlights were Cyril Jordan & Roy Loney/ The Flamin' Groovies, Dan Penn, The Remains, Kenny & The Kasuals, Wanda Jackson, Dale Hawkins...