Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

JOE TEX - YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT BABY


In his long career (cut short first by retirement from music, then sadly by premature death), Joe Tex cut oodles of great records, most of which languished in obscurity.

From '63 til around '72, just about everything Joe released on 45 was good, many were exceptional (also his LP "Soul Country" is a huge favorite of mine; I'll take a moment and plug my band CARELESS HEARTS in that we have taken massive cues from the merger of country and soul music).

This particular track is a favorite b-side of mine; I love the British Invasion style breakdown riff!

from 1966...

JOE TEX - YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT BABY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Joe Tex and I love this song. Thanks. W.