Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

FONTELLA BASS & TINA TURNER - POOR LITTLE FOOL


As I was deciding which record to feature today, it dawned on me that there are very few female DUO records from this era; certainly much less common than male soul duo's. What a treat that we hear two of the greatest female singers TOGETHER on this disc!

Driven along by their sublime vocals and some truly epic baritone guitar, this song is a superb example of the early sixties St. Louis sound.

from 1963...

FONTELLA BASS & TINA TURNER - POOR LITTLE FOOL

4 comments:

YankeeBoy said...

Wow, totally amazing record I wasn't aware of before. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Love the (singing) ladies....
and this one is just beautiful

Tnx

Henk

Anonymous said...

Been looking for this great track for many, many years. Impossible to find. You are The Man! Just recently discovered your site. Keep up the great work. Your stuff is hot. Many thanks.

Anonymous said...

This is definitly one of my favorite song of all time. I discovered it on an old rock'n'roll compilation and it immidiately chilled me. Thank you for posting it Derek.
I've always believed it was Ike & Tina who did that. I had no idea that the other voice was Fontella Bass. Thank's for that too.

"It's too late, it's too late, to change my mind..."