Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

RUBY LEE - I'M GONNA PUT A WATCH ON YOU (24 HOURS A DAY)


Talk about a mysterious record!

Well loved on the mod/ soul scene, but no one seems to know where or when it came from. The label is sure mysterious; no address, not even a producer listed. Maybe it's from New Orleans, maybe it's from another planet... I'm GUESSING the year.

As always, please write if you know any more.

from 1964...

RUBY LEE - I'M GONNA PUT A WATCH ON YOU (24 HOURS A DAY)

3 comments:

G the P said...

Great record this - I don't know anything more than what I wrote when I posted it year or two ago on the Get Involved blog: http://getinvolvedclub.com/blog/2008/05/08/old-gold-poptone-1901

Perrata 2000 said...

What a nice record. Via Bmi I found the publisher to by Criss Music Co and found they have a Detoit address, So it maybe a Detroit record? No idea. Thanks anyway!

Bob said...

MW stands for the Midwest pressing plant located in Chicago. It's from 1963, according to the master number 341. W. Ewing name (songwriter) is usually associated with Chex Records of Detroit, Michigan. If the song is original, then Poptone was probably from Detroit?