Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

THE LOVETTES - I NEED A GUY


Sounding very much like a Chicago group/ production, this is the Lovettes out of Jersey City, New Jersey in a record recorded in New York City. To my ears, this song screams HIT RECORD but alas, that wasn't the case...This is the Lovettes third and final 45, as all four singers left the music business after this record was cut.

Other than the obviously gorgeous, yearning vocals, I'm a huge fan of just about any record with prominent vibraphone like this; so gorgeous!

from 1967...

THE LOVETTES - I NEED A GUY

6 comments:

Maggie said...

Love it, love it.

Anonymous said...

Impeccable taste as always Derek! You're right, the vibes are ace!

Jason Daniels said...

I'm a fan of that vibraphone sound too. Perfect music to play on a rainy day.

Delinquent said...

Superb!

Anonymous said...

Great sound, but it screams 'Hit Song' because it was... for Jackie Ross. I'd say it is at least 75% lifted from 'Selfish One'
-Geo 50000

Sasha-Elise Holiday said...

That's nice. I enjoy this song every evening, before go to bed.