Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

MAJOR LANCE - INVESTIGATE


...And another installment in the Major Lance story, which has been ongoing since the beginning of this blog.

A great record; I absolutely love the dramatic feel of the verses meshed with the poppy feel of the chorus. Simply more Chicago genius. But wait; this one is produced by Billy Sherrill...does that mean it was recorded in Nashville???? Hmmm....

from 1966...

MAJOR LANCE - INVESTIGATE

3 comments:

YankeeBoy said...

This is one of my favorite records ever and it's pretty damn rare too. I won't even tell you what I paid for my Dutch picture sleeve version but it wasn't cheap!

Anonymous said...

Derek, I cannot tell you how excited I am to see this blog of yours. I recently stumble upon a song that I just can't get enough of. You probably know it, but I heard it for the first time recently.

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - The Tracks of My Tears

Thanks again for this.

Derek See said...

Glad you enjoy it, Greg! "Tracks Of My Tears" is one of the best songs of all time, for sure! Yankeeboy, I am envious of that picture sleeve!