Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

JIMMY HOLIDAY - HOW CAN I FORGET


This is one of those tracks that sounds as if it's being broadcast by a radio transmission from far away (a swamp? another planet, perhaps?) with a murky, dreamlike sound. You just KNOW a record like that is gonna be lovable (kinda like "Quarter To Three" by Gary US Bonds, right?), and this record does not disappoint, with deep southern soul vocals and a lush arrangement, washed in some of the lowest fidelity reverb this side of the Jaynetts "Sally Go Round The Roses"

Jimmy Holiday's greatest commercial success was as the co-writer of "Put A Little Love In Your Heart".

Sadly, he died in 1987, at age 53.

from 1963...

JIMMY HOLIDAY - HOW CAN I FORGET

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice description. This is a new one to me, but I love his other stuff. I hope he made some money off that Jackie DeShannon co-writing credit! W.

SoulBoogieAlex said...

Thanks for this one. I almost forgot this record. Magnificent!

SoulBoogieAlex said...

Thanks for this one. I almost forgot this record, magnificent!

Jason Daniels said...

Ray Charles sung one of Jimmy Holiday's compostion, which Jimmy co wrote with Edward Reeves, called, Don't Change On Me. Which is from the album Love Country Style.

Hunter said...

I just listened to Quarter to Three then this, you're creepin' me out man