Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

PAT LEWIS - NO ONE TO LOVE


I WISH I could say I was lucky enough to own an original of this record; in fact, I find it one of only a choice few 45's that truly deserves its incredibly high price tag (almost always over $2000).

So, unless I get extremely lucky digging one day, I'll be very satisfied with a bootleg-repro copy of this incredible record.

I'm a MASSIVE fan of the Solid Hit/ Revilot records stable (especially the early productions of George Clinton, as this one is). The records have SO much feel to them, as well as a very SPOOKY aura. This one is no exception, with Pat Lewis always stellar vocals mixed with powerful strings and underneath it all a superb song.

from 1967...

PAT LEWIS - NO ONE TO LOVE

1 comment:

SoulBoogieAlex said...

I have always found that the early Gearge Clintin productions already hinted at some of the madness Clinton would allow to get to the surface in later days. Great stuff. If any single is worth $2000 though!

Btw, check out my fresh new blog as well, you might recognise a single. Thanks for that tip!